Like the rest of the world, Platinum Title and Escrow is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and sharing information to help keep our staff and clients safe. We are following recommendations as outlined by the CDC.
In an effort to limit the risk of exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have enacted the following, effective immediately until further notice:
- The majority of our staff will be working remotely from home, while a small number of people continue to work in the office.
- We are handling all closings at the office only. We will not be traveling to any other sites for closing.
- Only individuals required to sign and/or present documents will be allowed in the office for closing.
- We have designated one conference room for closings, and it is disinfected between appointments.
- We have suspended all deliveries and pickups. US Mail and FedEx will be our only sources of delivery.
Here is what people should know about COVID-19:
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person.
- COVID-19 is spreading across the U.S., with some areas higher than others. You can learn more about places with ongoing spread on the CDC’s website.
- The virus is spread primarily by being in close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who is infected who sneezes or coughs. The virus can also be contracted by touching surfaces with the virus on it and then touching your nose, mouth, or eyes.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 range from relatively mild to severe respiratory symptoms, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Severe complications of this disease include pneumonia in both lungs, multi-organ failure, and in some cases death.
- You can protect yourself by:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water aren’t available
- If you are sick, you should do the following to keep from infecting others:
- Stay home
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it directly into the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly
- If you have traveled to an area of a high-infection rate, you should quarantine yourself within your home for 14 days and monitor yourself for symptoms. If you develop symptoms, you should call your healthcare provider and let them know of your recent travel and possible exposure to COVID-19.
- At this time, there is currently no vaccine for COVID-19 or specific antiviral treatment.