Summer is officially in full swing and while COVID-19 may have canceled a lot of summer plans, at Platinum Title and Escrow, we wanted to focus on the positive. And nothing brings people together (while maintaining social distance) than good food! We decided to round up some of our favorite party recipes to share so that we can help celebrate summer and enjoy the simpler things in life.
Living in Nebraska, sweet corn is kind of a big deal around here. People wait all year for the heat of summer to roll around and local produce stands to open up to get a taste of the season’s freshest cobs. Samantha shared with us her delicious (and a little spicy) creamy jalapeño corn recipe:
- 12 ears of fresh sweet corn
- 4 fresh jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- ¼ cup of butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker on low for 4-5 hours; Or Samantha’s personal favorite is to grill the corn and jalapenos, then cut the corn off the cob and finely chop the grilled jalapeños. Add cream cheese, butter, and water to a big pot to melt slightly; then add in the corn and jalapeños until cream cheese is completely melted, add salt and pepper and serve.
If you’re looking for a main dish to go with Samantha’s delicious corn recipe, don’t worry, Marina has you covered with her favorite slow cooker beef brisket dish. With a simple ingredient list, you won’t believe how incredibly fall-apart tender this brisket is. Serve it on a plate or pile it up on a sandwich. Even better, this recipe is great for meal planning because leftovers refrigerate really well, letting you enjoy tasty brisket all week long!
Wanting something light and refreshing to round out all this deliciousness? Kristin comes through with this sweet and easy fruit pizza!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Spread 1 (16.5 oz) package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough out on the pan like you would pizza dough. Bake for 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Beat 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar, and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract with a mixer until blended, then spread it out over the crust. (Kristin likes to do a little taste test and add more vanilla or sugar as needed before spreading on the crust).
- Top with whatever fruit you like. Kristin favors raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries, but she also loves adding kiwi, mandarin oranges, bananas, and more.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
So even if you can’t host a large summer gathering this year, don’t let it stop you from eating good food!